Monday, August 16, 2010

Neighboring Williams County offers a beautiful winery~

I made a recent visit to Stoney Ridge Farm & Winery just outside of Bryan on Co. Rds.G & 16, it was my first time there... I gave it thumbs up rating!
Rows and rows of grape vines lead you down the main entrance, that’s when I decided “this is going to be a real treat to visit” at it was… 10 acres of vineyards are here!
I was with my sister and couple of friends who had been then before, they knew what they were doing so I followed their lead. First we taste tested a few wines from quit a large list Stoney Ridge has to offer, it was an fun adventure to taste some wines that were new to me! I don’t know about you, but I look at wine in the store that I don’t never seem to buy, I guess I’m not too willing to spend $10 or more on something I’m not sure I will like or enjoy…
Once we made our selections we sat and visited over a bottle of Sweet White Wine and cheese & crackers which was a pleasant and relaxing way to spend a rainy summer afternoon! The short trip over to Williams County would  make a nice outing this October on one of N.W. Ohio's pretty fall day's...

Browse the gift shop including Amish cheeses and gift baskets. Enjoy a glass of wine and a cheese platter while strolling the vineyard, flower and herb gardens or just relax on the covered patio and ENJOY the company you are in, I know I did...

It you want to learn more about the winery here is there web site...
 http://www.stoneyridgewinery.com/

Hope you take time to enjoy the rest of your summer, a bright new season will be here before we know it... Karol
karol@realtyfive.com

Realty Five of Defiance
"We choose to give"

No comments: