Tuesday, October 27, 2009

Now Open





I'm certain that some of you have been wondering what's been going on with this blog and me. First, if you haven't noticed, I've changed the name of it to Realty Five Blog. I've done so because I have opened up a new real estate brokerage here in Defiance named appropriately, Realty Five of Defiance.




I'll try and answer some of your questions that I've been asked by others who have already heard the news. First, we are located at 23257 Watson Rd. in Defiance. We have secured some office space above Kristi's Kanine Kuts the dog grooming shop. It's out of town a little, but that's ok as we are not really planning on bringing clients to our office as we are going to try and be as mobile as possible. In addition to our "home base" we have secured office space at the Defiance location of Sherwood State Bank. When we need to meet with a client in town we can meet there. Other than that we will be meeting in people's homes and at showing appointments. It's actually quite functional.



The second question I've heard was how come you left Butler Mohr GMAC? I left Butler Mohr GMAC for only one reason and that was to open up my own company. When I originally contracted in, I discussed with the owners that I would be eventually opening up my own real estate company and now is that time. Butler Mohr GMAC is a good company and they were always good to me.



The third question is who is joining you? Joining me is two great real estate sales agents Dawn Carpenter and Karol Yeager. Both have several years of real estate experience and have a lot to offer clients and a real estate company. I feel blessed to have them as teammates.



Fourth, what's the "Five" stand for? There have been all kinds of guesses as to where the "five" comes from. The main thing it represents is our team. Real estate sales agents are predominantly on there own when it comes to real estate. The are considered "independent contractors" so, they are in all reality in competition with all the other agents in the market area including those within their own company. The "five" represents a team concept where we work together as a team. We are not in competion with each other for clients, instead we work together for each client. We feel we can accomplish much more as a team than any one agent can accomplish alone.



"Five" also represents our philosophy of giving. We feel it is our responsibility to be active participants in our community and to make it a better place. In order to help accomplish that we choose to give 5% of all of our gross commissions to the charity of our client's choice. We figure that our clients are passionate about helping others and we want to help them help others.



What's next? Well, unfortunately, we've run into a couple snags with our website. The main one is that we will not be able to have all the market area listings on our site right away because the local multiple listing service is switching over to a new company and we just happened to catch the middle of the switch. Because we've been waiting on this service our website has been in a holding pattern. Now we'll get it up this week, but without the search tool for now. We will, however have a great home search tool coming as soon as the switch is made. I can hardly wait, but we have to be patient.



Other than that we are getting our office in order and have begun getting some listings in place. I will post about them here shortly.



Keep watching as the excitement is just beginning.







scott


No comments: