Sunday, May 2, 2010

Only 8 weeks till wedding bells will be ringing!

Only 8 more weeks and our family will be hearing the sound of wedding bells ringing from The Ney Church of God. Come this June 26th my youngest son will marry the gal he loves!  I have never been a mother of the groom before so I figure I better read up on proper etiquette.

Weddings... lots of preparations weather it be a small casual wedding or a large extravagant event! My son and his fiance Amber have chosen a semi-small family wedding yet there is still soooo much to do, I think the Mother of the groom is getting a bit nervy to say the least. I've been online today reading wedding blogs on appropriate attire for the Mother of the groom, one expert said never outshine the bride or the mother of the bride... OK I can easily follow that rule! Apparently in past years, the mother of the groom was to wear a beige dress, keep quiet and do as she was asked (in order to keep peace) and of course host the rehearsal dinner!!! Sounds easy enough... so who decided to start changing the wedding rule book???


All kidding aside, Tim and I are very much looking forward to watching our son marry the love of his life, did I mention it is only 8 weeks away? Karol idding aside Tim and I are very much looking forward to w

If you have Mother of the Groom advice for me or a story to tell I'd love to hear from you!
karol@realtyfive.com


Steven Yeager and Amber Schmidt

No comments: