Sunday, December 19, 2010

How does a Christmas ornament reflect pieces of our lives???

This year I un boxed Christmas ornaments that I have not seen in a while, we moved 2 years ago and they remained in there proper storage places until last week... As I unwrapped and un boxed them the memories of who, what and why we had collected each ornament started flooding my head and my heart!

Some of course were from our sons, Jeffery & Steven's childhood and teen age years, a few as cherished gifts from family members who are no longer on this earth with us, cowboy Santa's for Tim and some I hand picked for my "pretty tree" that I put up in our living room each year, my boy's called it "Moms Christmas Tree" My tree so to speak... was decorated with glass angles, humming birds, snowmen and glass pieces of candy then I added silver and green ice cycles with red and white lights!

This year I decided to get a little Christmas crazy & combine them all, kinda fun mixing them all up for a tree filled with touches of history & memories from the entire family! I added a few pictures of our lives reflected through our families ornaments of choice!

Here is a link to the history of Christmas ornaments: http://www.ornamentshop.com/history_story/part2.asp
I found it quit interesting & thought you might too.

Do you have special ornaments that reflect your life and your family? I bet you do... feel free to share your ornaments stories, I'd love to hear them!

Karol
www.realtyfive.com
"We choose to give"
Call text or email if you would like Realty Five to find you a home for your Christmas Tree and the ornaments you love and cherish! Store them safely this year so next year you can unwrap them in a new house...

No comments: