Friday, March 19, 2010

WARNING: BEAT THE RUSH!

I had a conversation today with another real estate agent today that stemmed a thought in my head.  We were talking about how so many potential buyers seem to be "riding the fence" when it comes to making a decision whether to purchase a home or not.

I was telling him how many people we seem to be driving around looking at houses and they just can't seem to make a commitment to make an offer on the houses then it hit me.

There are so many people who have waited until the last minute to get in on the $8000 first time home buyer tax credit and the $6500 tax credit for people who own homes that, I think there is going to be a huge rush heading into April.  I believe what will happen because of this is that the houses in our area will begin to be snatched up and the houses that buyers were "thinking" about will be gone.  The houses that are left will possibly begin getting multiple offers because of the shrinking inventory of good houses thus resulting in higher final purchasing prices. 

The market could actually switch to a seller's market, at least for a short time. 

It's just a theory, but I think it has legs.

If you are one of these people riding the fence, it's time to jump before everyone else does!

No comments: